To provide students with the appropriate knowledge and understanding to identify hazards and use a safety harness where a fall hazard exists.
Who Should Attend
Personnel required to wear a safety harness e.g. Construction workers, scaffolders, EWP operators, confined space workers
- Demonstrate knowledge of the hazards associated with wearing a safety harness and associated equipment.
- Demonstrate knowledge of safety harnesses and associated systems and equipment.
- Check and fit a safety harness.
- Use a safety harness where a fall hazard exists at height.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the rescue plan to be activated in the event of a fall.
- Be 16 years of age or over
- Applicants for whom English is a second language must meet IELTS (or equivalent) Level 5.0 (General English). Proof of this will be required.
NZQA Unit Standard Included
|Unit Standard||Title||Credit Value|
|23229||Use a safety harness for personal fall prevention when working at height||4|
Minimum of 8 trainees and a Maximum of 10 trainees per course.
$285.00 + GST per person
Course costs include all learning materials and completion certificate. Costs also include registration of unit standard credits with NZQA.
- This course includes both theory and practical training
- This course is delivered by one of AMS Group’ s qualified trainers or it will be provided through a contracting arrangement between the primary contract holder (AMS Group Limited), and its sub-contractor (Elite Training Services Ltd). We will notify you prior to confirmation.
Scheduled Course Locations
Please note that courses are available at a number of AMS Group branch locations, these are listed below. If there are no course locations shown below, courses can be arranged to be delivered at your place of work. Contact us to find out more about our on-site training options available for this course or enquire below.