To comply with the NZTA COP/TTM and Local Roads supplement, anyone carrying out temporary traffic management duties on worksites must be appropriately trained and qualified.
This course promotes safe working practices, standards and operating procedures at roadwork sites and covers the standards and operating procedures required by the Code of Practice for Temporary Traffic Management (COP/TTM).
This course is also the pre-requisite for people wanting to compete the Site Traffic Management Supervisor (STMS)course.
Each successful participant will be issued with a NZTA Certificate valid for 3 years
Who should Attend
If you carry out or are looking to carry out temporary traffic management duties on a work site on state highways or local roads.
- Introduction to temporary traffic management.
- Rules and responsibilities of a Traffic Controller (TC).
- Identify who is responsible for what’ on a site under traffic management.
- How to setup, breakdown and monitor site lay-outs and other traffic control roles
- Be at least 16 years of age.
- Applicants for whom English is a second language must meet IELTS (or equivalent) level 5.5.
A minimum of 8 people required.
$330.00 + GST per person
Course costs include all learning and assessment materials.
NZTA Registration Fee
$40.00 + GST per person
NZTA Certificate is valid for 3 years.
Scheduled Course Locations
Please note that courses are available at a number of AMS Group branch locations, these are listed below. If there are no course locations shown below, courses can be arranged to be delivered at your place of work. Contact us to find out more about our on-site training options available for this course or enquire below.