NZTA’s Code of Practice for Temporary Traffic Management (COP/TTM) requires that only appropriately trained and qualified personnel carry out and supervise Temporary Traffic Management duties on all worksites.
Who Should Attend
Anyone that has a basic Traffic Control (TC) qualification that are looking to take the lead role for traffic management on their work site.
- This two-day STMS Level 1 course is the next step from the TC (Traffic Controller) Course and helps prepare course participants to take a lead role in traffic management on level 1 roads throughout New Zealand.
- Participants will learn how to prepare Traffic Management Plans (TMP). covering specific duties for the STMS who has overall responsibility for traffic management at worksites.
Note: The STMS Level 1 qualification is valid for three years before it must be renewed. A refresher course is available.
- Attendees of this workshop must be registered on the NZTA database and hold a current Level 1 Basic TC (or TC Refresher) qualification or have held a Level 1 STMS qualification (at any time) in the past.
- Be at least 16 years of age.
- Applicants for whom English is a second language must meet IELTS (or equivalent) level 5.5.
$545.00 + GST per person
Course costs include all learning and assessment materials.
NZTA Registration Fee
$40.00 + GST per person
NZTA Certificate is valid for 3 years.
Scheduled Course Locations
Please note that courses are available at a number of AMS Group branch locations, these are listed below. If there are no course locations shown below, courses can be arranged to be delivered at your place of work. Contact us to find out more about our on-site training options available for this course or enquire below.