To provide the appropriate knowledge to be able to issue and audit company specific Permits to Work
Who Should Attend
Anyone required to issue company specific Permit to Work. It is strongly recommended that you hold unit standard 17588 Permit to Work Receiver
- Demonstrate a knowledge of the legal requirements of a Permit to Work system
- Demonstrate a practical understanding of all Permit to Work documentation
- Demonstrate how and when extra authorisation is required e.g. sign off by manager, notification to WorkSafe NZ
- Demonstrate an understanding of electrical and mechanical isolation
- Complete a permit for a high risk activity e.g. hot work, confined space or excavation
- Complete an audit of a Permit to Work
- Are 16 years of age or over.
- Applicants for whom English is a second language must meet IELTS (or equivalent) Level 5.5
- Hazard Identification and Risk Assessment (17602) is highly recommended
- Permit to Work Receiver (17588) is highly recommended
NZQA Unit Standard Included
|Unit Standard||Title||Credit Value|
|17590||Issue worksite specific work permits (issuer)||6|
Minimum of 8 trainees and a Maximum of 12 trainees per programme.
$345.00 + GST per person
Course costs include all learning materials and completion certificate. Costs also include registration of unit standard credits with NZQA.
Scheduled Course Locations
Please note that courses are available at a number of AMS Group branch locations, these are listed below. If there are no course locations shown below, courses can be arranged to be delivered at your place of work. Contact us to find out more about our on-site training options available for this course or enquire below.