To equip trainees with the knowledge and skills to comply with the Hazardous Substances and New Organisms Act (1996) and safely store and handle hazardous substances in their place of work. For those learners who have not previously completed the Chemical handling and spill management course, we strongly recommend this as a pre-requisite.
Who Should Attend
- Chemical Handlers, Purchasers, Transporters and Receivers of Hazardous Substances
- Storage, Management and Health and Safety Personnel
- Purpose and principles of the HSNO Act 1996
- Classification, properties and effects of Hazardous Substances
- Requirements for controlling Hazardous Substances
- Technical vocabulary and documentation requirements
- Enforcement and compliance regime for Hazardous Substances
- Responsibilities and precautions relating to the storage and handling of Hazardous Substances
- Procedures to adopt in an emergency involving Hazardous Substances in the workplace
NZQA Unit Standard Included
|Unit Standard||Title||Credit Value|
|20645||Describe the requirements of the HSNO Act 1996 relevant to approved handlers||3|
Minimum of 8 trainees and a Maximum of 12 trainees per programme.
$330 + GST per person.
Course costs include all learning materials and completion certificate. Costs also include registration of unit standard credits with NZQA.
EPA and an Approved Handler Certificate for each graduate would be issued by EPA / Test certifier.
Scheduled Course Locations
Please note that courses are available at a number of AMS Group branch locations, these are listed below. If there are no course locations shown below, courses can be arranged to be delivered at your place of work. Contact us to find out more about our on-site training options available for this course or enquire below.