This is a refresher course for this will provide the knowledge to safely enter, work in and exit a confined space.
Who Should Attend
This is a refresher course for those that have completed the confined spaces unit standards (see below). This includes those with roles or duties regarding confined space entry including permit issuers or receivers.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the hazards associated with confined space entry
- Plan and use confined space permits and company specific documentation
- Inspect and use confined space equipment.ie gas detectors, harnesses, tripods and rescue systems
- Develop a rescue plan based on a real life scenario
- Demonstrate a practical understanding of confined space entry, work, exit and rescue.
Trainees must hold the unit standards shown below. Trainees must demonstrate that full NZQA training or refresher training has been completed within 2 years.
NZQA Units Refreshed
|Unit Standard||Title||Credit Value|
|17599||Plan a confined space entry||5|
|18426||Demonstrate knowledge of hazards associated with confined space.||4|
|25510||Operate an atmospheric testing device to determine a suitable atmosphere exists to work safely.||4|
|3058||Perform gas tests for energy and chemical plant.||5|
Minimum of 8 trainees and a Maximum of 10 trainees per programme.
$330.00 + GST per person
Course costs include all learning materials and certificate.
Scheduled Course Locations
Please note that courses are available at a number of AMS Group branch locations, these are listed below. If there are no course locations shown below, courses can be arranged to be delivered at your place of work. Contact us to find out more about our on-site training options available for this course or enquire below.