This course is aimed at the user of hazardous chemicals in the workplace that require a HSNO Approved handler. It is designed to provide them with the knowledge and understanding to comply with the Hazardous Substances and New Organisms Act (1996), safely store and handle hazardous substances in their place of work and deal with spills and emissions. For those learners who wish to become HSNO approved handlers and have little or no chemical knowledge strongly recommend this two day programme.
Who Should Attend
- Chemical Handlers, Purchasers, Transporters and Receivers of Hazardous Substances
- Storage, Management and Health and Safety Personnel
- Workplace chemicals and their characteristics
- Procedures for the disposal of workplace chemicals
- Methods of dealing with workplace chemical spills, the equipment to be used and reporting procedures
- Purpose and principles of the HSNO Act 1996
- Classification, properties and effects of Hazardous Substances
- Requirements for controlling Hazardous Substances
- Technical vocabulary and documentation requirements
- Enforcement and compliance regime for Hazardous Substances
- Responsibilities and precautions relating to the storage and handling of Hazardous Substances
- Procedures to adopt in an emergency involving Hazardous Substances in the workplace
NZQA Unit Standards Included
|Unit Standard||Title||Credit Value|
|21467||Store and handle workplace chemicals||8|
|20645||Describe the requirements of the HSNO Act 1996 relevant to approved handlers||3|
For those learners who wish to become HSNO approved handlers and have little or no chemical knowledge we strongly recommend this two day program.
Minimum of 8 trainees and a Maximum of 12 trainees per programme.
$580.00 + GST per person
Course Fees includes all learning materials and a certificate of completion of US 21467 and US 20645. Costs also include registration of unit standard credits with NZQA.
EPA and an Approved Handler Certificate for each graduate would be issued by EPA / Test certifier.
Scheduled Course Locations
Please note that courses are available at a number of AMS Group branch locations, these are listed below. If there are no course locations shown below, courses can be arranged to be delivered at your place of work. Contact us to find out more about our on-site training options available for this course or enquire below.